Monday, June 28, 2010

Transitions

Hey everyone!

So I am now up here in Montana. Got here Sunday afternoon after a short, but great time at home where I got to be a part of my best friend's wedding. So that was awesome.

The transition home was hard. I loved my time at the Navajo Nation and I really enjoyed working with the staff. While at home, I really missed the work and getting to know students and just how intentional each day was. But I was extremely thankful for the rest, especially with the nasty cold I came down with.

Because I missed the work so much, I just assumed that coming up here to Montana would be no problem. However, after only 4 hours of sleep, 2 flights, and a 2 hour drive, I was pretty tired. So jumping immediately into the trip without really knowing what was going on was really difficult. I just felt really lost the whole rest of the day. On top of that, I'm working with new staff so getting used to how they run trips compared to the last staff was really interesting.. but it's been so great just to experience different personalities and leadership styles.

I am enjoying my time in Montana so far. Love the staff, love the scenery. But, I am absolutely EXHAUSTED. Was running on 4 hours of sleep Sunday and got about 6 Sunday night. And we are about to head into the wilderness. This makes me a little nervous. Not only was I sick most of last week, but also I've hardly gotten any sleep. And the hiking just always takes so much energy. So I will be praying big time for the ability to make it through the hike. I am so so so excited to see the scenery again, but I'm still a little anxious about my current physical ability. So I'll definitely have to rely on God's strength.

I would appreciate it so much if you could be praying for me the next few days.
- Hiking Tuesday through Friday: need strength, energy, positive attitude
- Relationships with students: got a late start with this team since I came a few days after their trip started; just pray that God would work through the conversations and that I would be reminded that it's not about getting students to like me, it's about spurring them on to a passionate relationship with God and helping them discover their leadership abilities
- Bonding between me and the other LT staff: I already really like the other staff, but with everything that needs to be done I haven't been able to get to know them very well yet

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the rambling. It's pretty late and I still need to finish up some packing. Look for another update once we make it through the wilderness.

1 comment:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT! you will be so, so great. it'll be awesome to watch how God supplies you strength.

    ReplyDelete