Thursday, May 27, 2010

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Well.. I am just about 14 hours away from departure to Chicago and feeling all sorts of emotion.

I am so excited to meet the other interns and staff and to reconnect with those I already know. I am grateful that I'm leaving the heat of Houston for some nice, cool weather in Chicago and Wisconsin. Even Arizona will be better than this humid heat. However, I am a little sad to be leaving my family and friends for pretty much the entire summer. I am going to miss my pillow and bed and the comforts of a lazy summer at home.

BUT.. I am so ready for the adventures of this summer. I don't feel prepared to be an intern. I don't feel old enough or wise enough or funny enough or spiritual enough...etc. And that is the great part. If I felt completely qualified and prepared for this summer, I don't think I would get anything out of it, but because I feel like I'm not qualified, I have a feeling God will be able to do some cool work in my heart. What could be better than that?

I do have a few prayer requests if you could take just a moment out of your day to lift up a quick prayer:
- Safe flight to Chicago
- Safe drive for everyone to training in Wisconsin
- Effective training: May 29th - June 2nd
- Bonding between all the staff and interns
- Safe drive from Chicago to Arizona (around June 4th or 5th)
- Energy, strength, preparation for me, trip leader Dave Williams, and intern James Futrell as we prepare for our first team to arrive June 6th
- Transformation to happen in the lives of both the staff and students we meet

I'll will try and update as often as possible! Thanks for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment