Wednesday, May 12, 2010

#2, #11, #84 - Check

It has been quite awhile since I last wrote. So much has happened in this month, including the fact that my first year as a college student is completely done! It's weird but nice at the same time.

In that month several of my 101 in 1001 things have been accomplished, but I just haven't had time until now to blog about them.

#2: Attend a Baylor Baseball game

The last day of classes my friend Lyndi invited me to go to a baseball game with her and her roommate Julie. I thought it would be a great way to celebrate the end of class/beginning of finals. We played against UT and lost, but it was a good game nevertheless and I had a ton of fun. I have been so blessed with wonderful friends at Baylor.

#11: Find a church

After many, many months of searching I've finally picked a church that seems to be a great fit. It has been an interesting journey as I've visited Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, nondenominational, liturgical, and more in my search. I have come to a new appreciation of each person's method of worship, and have learned a lot more about what specifically I like in a church. Highland Baptist is the one I picked, and I'm so excited to get involved in a small group and serve team next year.

#84: Go to career counseling

I went to three sessions in order to complete my counseling. Through these sessions, I determined what I was looking for in a job, what my personality type was, what my strengths were, etc. By the time the final session came around I felt a lot more confident about what I want to do with my life. I want to either work for a non-profit organization or be a full-time missionary.. or something that combines the two in some way. I want to work with the lost and hurting. I want to help be part of the solution to some of the pain in the world. That is where my passion lies and I am happy that I've finally allowed myself to realize that. So I'm excited to see what opportunities God places in my life in these next few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment